Ransom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ransom of Talnivarr, Has just reformed in Cata after its break since ICC, We aim to become one of the best on the server as we did in WoTLK. If you think you have what it takes to be part of Ransom make an apply in the forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Accepted]Rii Retri pala.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rii

[Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted]Rii Retri pala.   [Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:18 pm

- Character Name: Rii
- Class and Level: Paladin, 80
- Spec: Retribution
- Professions: Mining and Enchanting, both maxed
- Armory Profile (Please link): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=rii
- Other Characters (80+): Riipent Holy Priest (herb/insc, both maxed)
- Previous Guilds: CSI: Talnivarr, Critters
- Why did you leave last Guild?: CSi: Talnvarr was a leveling guild, Critters is the guild im in atm, but since ive come back to wow, there is no raid activity so im looking to find me some action.
- Is this your account and you have worked this char to lvl 80 and collected the gear it has? Yes, the gear part has been hard considering my amazing luck on rolls.
- Previous MMORPGs: Astonia, Star wars Galaxies.
- What is your rotation/priority order in a normal boss encounter? Judgement (i tend to use wisdom for mana), DS, CS, HoW, Consectration, Excorism. This is a fcfs rotation, so i use whichever one is highest in the order thats not on a cooldown.
- Why have you chosen to play this spec, and explain your talent choices? I leveled up as retri and i liked the play style, so I've stuck with it. As for talents, i have a 5/7/59 build. in that i have the standard core build of 5/5/55 but with a other talents on top. I picked 2/2 Vindciation as it was very usefull debuff to have in a 10 man raid. Guardians Favour 2/2 was very useful for our aggrocat and hunter who liked to over aggro alot, this meant i was able to put BoP on them and let them live when they overaggro, it also helped people who failed to move in time. Divine Purpose 2/2 as this reducced spell damage to me and also aloows me to get get of of any stun effects upon me if needed. If needed i can respec slightly to better fit into the raid, this is not a issue at all for me.

You:

Q: How old are you?: 29
Q: Nationality?: English
Q: Pre-TBC raid experience: None
Q: TBC-raid experience: None
Q: WotLK-raid experience:
10m: Naxx, OS, VoA, Ulduar, TotC, ToGC, ICC 10 upto LK, wiped at 14% on LK so hes the only one im missing for a full set of standard bosses in 10m for wotlk, did most ulduar hms when that was the current raid, and managed 3 49 trys left wipes in togc 10 man when it was top raid. At the time of all these raid the guild only raided 10 man, so the majority of this was done with myself and others in 10m gear only.
25M: Naxx, OS, VoA, ulduar frst 6 bosses, TotC, ICC first 2 bosses.
Q: Do you have Ventrilo v3.x?: Yes.
Q: Do you have a microphone to go along with that? I used to raid lead in Critters, so having a mic was essential to this.
Q: Would you be able to spend an entire evening just trying and learning an encounter? I have done so on many occasions and will do so on many more, a good part of the fun comes from approaching a new fight, fitting the tactics to work with your raid. The sense of pride and acheivement when you finally down the boss is very satisfying.
Q: Also would you be willing to join a raid late even if it was to 11/12? If I'm needed and can make a difference I'll join for the last wipe if I'm needed.
Q: If we are close to getting a boss down would you be willing to stay past the set raid time end of 23:30? On very rare occasions I will not be able to stay any later, but for the most I can stay to whenever the raid leader calls the raid.
Q: Will you turn up to every wednesday and thursday raid? Yes, I may have to miss a Wednesday raid every now and then, but that wont be very often.
Q: Do you try and keep up to date with current theory on your class? I tend to read up on my class on elitest jerks reguarly, to make sure I'm doing the best I can, I'll also look at patch notes and see if I'll need to change anything too.

Presentation:

* Do you have any other open applications with any other guilds at this time? No.
* Why do you want to join Ransom? I,m looking to get back into raiding after a short break from wow. I've also been a almost pure 10m raider before I left, so now I'm looking to get into some serious 25 man raiding. Inari said to me this is a good 25 man guild, and the fact your recruiting my classs when many others arent is a big help
* People in Ransom that you know? Inari.
* IRL interests, hobbies, work, girl/boyfriend, school etc: I'm quite a big gamer, and into my pcs alot. I'm currently single atm, and away from pcs I tend to read or watch movies alot, sometimes the odd documneatry too. but I'm probably sounding quite boring now so I'll shut up while I'm ahead.
* Why should we consider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question): I like to thing I'm a good skilled retri pala, I'm not the best as there is always someone better then you, but I like to think i'm pretty good, hopefully the people I raid with will say the same. For the majority of wotlk I've been in Critters, either as a raid leader or as the GM, from this I know that it takes alot to get a good and sucessful raid going, the main focus we had in Critters was 10 man raiding,a few people would pug a 25 man raid everynow and then, but for the majority of the time most of us were in just 10 man gear, so we weren't steamrolling content in gear above the raid we were doing. For this I felt that we were one of the better skilled guilds on the server. As for why u shoudl pick someone whos not 25 man geared, I have patience and am willing to learn anything that I feel I will need to succed. My luck in getting gear has been pretty bad, we used a roll system in Critters, so I ended up seeing people get more gear each week as I would never roll above a 5. So I'm not about the gear. I'm also a pretty fun guy to raid with, even on the wipefests we had at various times, I did my best to keep morale up, and I think anyone who raided with me would say the raids were always fun.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, if you have any questions dont hesitate to conatct me here on ingame for answers. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Rii

Last edited by Rii on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inari
Inari

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Rii Retri pala.   [Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:21 pm

I've known Rii for a long time and he's definitely a great player. Always well prepared and up to date on tactics and his class stuff.
Back to top Go down
Soyl
Soyl

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Rii Retri pala.   [Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:39 pm

i really like your aplication dude, you'r really selling your self in the last question, so thumps up there Razz

Just sad that we are so melee heavy in the guild, and how can it be posible never get gunship or saurfang down :/
Back to top Go down
Soyl
Soyl

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Rii Retri pala.   [Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:39 pm

on 25m ofc Smile
Back to top Go down
Rii

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Rii Retri pala.   [Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:07 pm

The melee heavy part i can understand, in Critters for a long time our ranged dps was a single hunter, so melee heavy is nothing new to me.

As for why only 2/12 in ICC 25, simple truth I never did anymore, I've been to ICC 25 once and that was to get four badges for my 4pc t10, as soon as I had them I left the raid and joined a 10 man naxx 25 Immortal run with Inari. At the time it seemed a hell of a lot more fun than staying in a pug which was likely to break apart soon as everyone was bitching at each other about anything. Also since i wasn't rolling on gear due to wanting to do ICC 10 as pure at the time title > frost badges I didnt need.
Back to top Go down
Margarett
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Rii Retri pala.   [Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am

very good application, when you talk about your specc it seems to be aimed at a raid where players cant watch there threat and tanks cant keep it , we dont really have this problem so i would change to the max damage spec poissible, ussually i would see you have no ICC 25 gear and thaat would be a big downside, but i ee you know inari who is a very skilled player and he says your good so this is a big bonus, you also seem to know what you are doing. I think im going to take you on trial see your dps and get you some 25 man gear, but i wanna see you push some ggood dps for your gear. Accepted on trial, message me or an officer in game for an invite
Back to top Go down
https://ransom.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Rii Retri pala.   [Accepted]Rii   Retri pala. Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Rii Retri pala.
Page 1 of 1