Ransom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ransom of Talnivarr, Has just reformed in Cata after its break since ICC, We aim to become one of the best on the server as we did in WoTLK. If you think you have what it takes to be part of Ransom make an apply in the forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luriel

[Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:21 pm

- Character Name:
Luriel

- Class and Level:
Paladin, level 80

- Spec:
Mainly i go Holy but I got a Retribution off spec, so I can DPS to if needed.

- Professions:
My professions is Jewelcrafting [max skill] and Cooking [max skill].

Jewelcrafting:
JC I raised to get improved gems for my gear which is really useful for PvE and PvP
+ JC is slightly a good gold maker.

Cooking:
Cooking I raised to get free food buffs for both spec's and to supply the raid with feast (if needed) etc.

I know I should have a second profession Blacksmithing for 2 more sockets or Enchanting to get
enchants on my rings which is useful for all three spec's I can be in etc.

- Armory Profile (Please link):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=Luriel

- Other Characters (80+):
I'm kinda slacky when it come to leveling alts so I have only my paladin in lvl 80.
But i got a hunter twink I use when I'm really bored and dont have nothing else to do.

- Previous Guilds:
Fracture 25man icc raiding guild who did 10/12 and then the guild fell apart so the gm disbanded
it and most of the officers and core-members joined Chop Chop.

Current guild Aspire I joined after I bought playtime again in July this summer because
they were in need of a Holy paladin with a decent off spec DPS to help em out in the Heroic
encounters in ICC10 and Ruby Sanctum.

I was also a member of you guys before the summer started, as I mentioned in my previous application.
But I started work this summer so I had to quit play and focus on my work for the summer, so it ended with
frozen account and I'm sorry for that. I regret it.

- Why did you leave last Guild?:
I am leaving Aspire because they are felling apart these days and I told em when I joined I always gonna be looking
for a 25 man raiding guild. + I always been more a 25 man content fan.

- Is this your account and you have worked this char to lvl 80 and collected the gear it has?
This account is 100% payed for in Norwegian valuta by me. And I sweated this character
to level 80 all by myself. And I 100% collected my gear all by myself. I'm not an stupid idiot
who buy account's on E-Bay etc, if you think that.

- Previous MMORPGs:
Played sometimes the Warcraft games.
My English is not that good enough that I have heard MMORPGs before but I think I know the meaning of it,
so I hope my answer above this sentence is the kinda answer you guys are looking for Razz

- What is your rotation/priority order in a normal boss encounter?
Healer Spec:
Well it is kinda hard to explain any special rotation of healing, but my main priority is to keep tanks up.
Since Holy Paladins is a great tank healer class. And I assist raid healing as well. And pop my special
abilities when its needed, Divine Sacrifice / Aura mastery etc.

DPS Spec:
It is not any special DPS rotation for Retribution paladins, we have no discernible pattern
(for example: "1" "1" "1" "3", repeat) that would maximize our DPS since we have several
dozens of casts. So it is almost no other options than use the known rotation FCFS (First Come First Serve).
Fast explaination - just use whatever cast that is off cooldown (FCFS).

One example could be: Judgement > Exorcism > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Crusader Strike > Consecration > Holy Wrath > REPEAT?

- Why have you chosen to play this spec, and explain your talent choices?
Holy Spec:
If you do not like my Holy spec I am willing to change it.
I use the Holy 54/17/0 spec (Holy Light spam spec). Main reason why I use this spec is because it's a great ICC spec with many
abilities who are useful in many of the boss encounters. I get Aura mastery, Divine Sacrifice wich is very useful at boss encounters
who take alot of AOE damage to the raid, improved RF I have chosen to get 6% reduced damage taken wich is more useful than
Toughness and this can be a life saver, Divine Guardian I get wich is very helpfull with Divine Sacrifice cause when it is active raid
members within 30 yards of me takes 20% reduced damage taken in 6 seconds + it improves my sacred shield greatly.

I know I got chest and shoulders who is kinda slack from my side, but I have T10 251iLvL shoulders but I'm waiting to I get a Mark to upgrade
my shoulders to get T10 set bonus and better stats for me. Chest I have not got the chance to replace yet, but I'm quite patient waiting for
chest at Rotface to drop its the best Holy Paladin chest in game I think ( Not so updated on the loot from Halion 25 man ). About my trinket
I know Solace or Althor is more useful but I have not got the chance to loot it yet. But my time will come a beautiful day.

Retribution Spec:
I will change the spec if it is not right use of talents. ( Just give me a shout ).
I use the 11/7/53 spec because I think it is the best use of talents for ICC Heroic
encounters and I get the best dps out of it in my opinion. I get Aura Mastery etc.

I know my Mirror Truth trinket kinda out dated these days but I think it still great for Retribution Paladins
and I usually go healer in raids so I have almost never the chance to get a new trinket.

- Please link your UI, and list which addons are used below
Cooldowns, Pallypower (must for Paladins), Grid ( raid frame ).
I'm sorry but I got no picture to link my UI.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

You:

Q: How old are you?:
My name is Tom Erik Salthammer and I am 20 years old.

Q: Nationality?:
I'm from Norway and more precisely I'm from Verdal.

Q: Pre-TBC raid experience:
Everything cleared at 80, except Temple of AQ ;P

Q: TBC-raid experience:
Everything cleared at 80 ;P And during TBC I played a warrior and hunter
cleared and ended with farming Black Temple for months,
the guild I were in managed to get 2 off hand warglaives but no Bulwark for me Sad
At the end of TBC i ended up with playing only on my warrior in PvP collected full Vengeful
and quited play for 2 months. This was on my account I used during TBC.

Q: WotLK-raid experience: (EXPLAIN IN DETAIL)
The Ruby Sanctum 10 man : 4/4 downed
The Ruby Sanctum 25 man : 3/4 downed
Ice Crown Citadel 10 man : 11/12 downed + 10/12 cleared Heroic Mode
Ice Crown Citadel 25 man : 10/12 downed + 2/12 cleared Heroic Mode
Trial of the Crusader 10 man : 5/5 downed + 5/5 cleared Heroic Mode
Trial of the Crusader 25 man : 5/5 downed + 1/5 cleared Heroic Mode
Ulduar 10 man : 11/14 downed + 11/14 cleared Hard Mode
Ulduar 25 man : 7/14 downed
Voa 10 man : 4/4 downed
Voa 25 man : 4/4 downed
OS+3drakes 10 man : downed
OS+3drakes 25 man : downed
Naxxramas 10 man : 15/15 downed
Naxxramas 25 man : 15/15 downed
Eye of The Eternity 10 man : 1/1 downed
Eye of The Eternity 25 man : 1/1 downed
Onyxia 10 man : 1/1 downed
Onyxia 25 man : 1/1 downed

Q: Do you have Ventrilo v3.x?:
Yes, always been a must when PvP and PvE along with Skype Wink

Q: Do you have a microphone to go along with that?
Ofc, or else it get to boring using Ventrilo etc.
Atm I'm using a Creative Fatal1ty Headset with mic, gives good and clear sound Very Happy

Q: Would you be able to spend an entire evening just trying and learning an encounter?
I will be 100% able to spend evenings to learn encounters, because if you do not learn the encounters
you will not be able do down em ;P

Q: Also would you be willing to join a raid late even if it was to 11/12?
I can be willing to sacrifice my not saved status and join raids late and if bosses are down to help my guild
with progress raiding.

Q: If we are close to getting a boss down would you be willing to stay past the set raid time end of 23:30?
Nothing is like getting down a boss I have never done before so yes Smile I am usually online past 00.30 so Wink

Q: Will you turn up to every wednesday and thursday raid?
If I get a spot I will of course turn up Wednesdays and Thursdays to raid, Sundays to.
PvE is my favorite so I will turn up.

Q: Do you try and keep up to date with current theory on your class?
3-4 times in the week read trough wowwiki, elite jerks etc after any update/info about my class.

Presentation:

* Do you have any other open applications with any other guilds at this time?
I have an application @ at Epiphany to atm, but if I get awarded trial spot for both guilds I
choose Ransom of course, with no hesitation.

* Why do you want to join Ransom?
I want to join Ransom because I have been looking for a good 25 man raiding guild since I started play after the summer again
and Ransom looks really good and professional guild as expected and I want to help you guys out in the best ways I can to get
deeper into the ICC Heroic content and upcoming content(s).

* People in Ransom that you know?
Do not think so, but I have played with you guys before and it looked like you guys have good humor and which is very important
to have a social and kind guild who can sit down and chat with =)

* IRL interests, hobbies, work, girl/boyfriend, school etc:
Next to play wow I work as a scaffolding worker and next to that again I am an student at Verdal VGS. After work/school I usually
hang out with friends and my Girlfriend. My hobbies is generally motorcycles, the military, boats, volley and football etc.

* Why should we consider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question):
You should recruit me if you want an class updated/dedicated and very active player, who is always updated on new contents and
boss encounter tactics and information on hes class. I'm always well prepared for raids and I will meet up in good time before raids.
And at last I am a friendly and social gamer.

Thank you for taking time to read through my application, I you have a question feel free to reply and I will try to answer as good as I can

Regards Luriel
Back to top Go down
Hlp
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey there,

Thanks for the apply! Just a quick question while I look through your gar is why have you not got the 2 set of t10? I will keep looking through your application but just thought i would ask quicly cause it is quite an obvious thing.

Thanks,
Hlp

Back to top Go down
Luriel

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Hello

Thanks for you reading through my application.
I got the T10 shoulders in my bag as I mentioned above somewhere, but I am waiting to get a mark to upgrade it to T10,25 so the stats can out date the shoulder I have equipped atm.
I know I should be wearing it for the T10 set bonus it is quite a obvious thing as you said, but I slightly have better healing with the shoulders im wearing atm as I have experienced.

Thanks again for reading through my apply, gotta go to work now ;P Will be here later today.

Regards Luriel
Back to top Go down
Soyl
Soyl

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:16 pm

nice application luriel Smile

GL with it afro
Back to top Go down
Luriel

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 am

Hello there Soyl Smile

Thanks for your reply. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hlp
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:57 am

Hey there,

First of all let me apologize for this quick response. I remember you being in the guild before and therefor I have decided to accept you, though this means i want to see 100% attendance from you in your trial period. Also for you to get that 2 set bonus as soon as you can because i believe it would improve your healing immensly (or atleast try it out). Also make sure you come 15 minutes early to each raid (19:00-23:30 Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday) and be prepared with Pots and flasks. I also Expect you to know all the tactics for all the HC modes in ICC 25 up to and including LK HC. Welcome to Ransom! Accepted whisper an Officer or me ingame for an invite.

Thanks, Hlp
Back to top Go down
Luriel

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:39 am

Hey again Smile

Thanks alot, will do =)

Regards Luriel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application   [Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Luriel, Paladin Application
Page 1 of 1