Ransom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ransom of Talnivarr, Has just reformed in Cata after its break since ICC, We aim to become one of the best on the server as we did in WoTLK. If you think you have what it takes to be part of Ransom make an apply in the forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fathórn

[Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application   [Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 pm

- Name:

Jonas

Denmark

- Character name:

Fathórn

- Class:

Death Knight

- Race:

Tauren

- Professions:

Mining (60 Stamina) Enchanting (60 Stamina)

- Mainspec:

Blood (Tank)

- As blood is my main-spec I'll fast explain glyphs and spec now here, as well:

Explanation of your talents:

As a tank, I prefer to be blood specced, as it fills a lot more features for tanking. I'm gathering health, and as well, a lot of cooldowns, which I'll be available to burn of in emergencies. I've been blood since I dinged 80. And have enjoyed it since.

When tanking as blood, there’s so many positive things like:

Blade Barrier: (5/5, Whenever your Blood Runes are on cooldown, you gain 5% damage reduction for 20 seconds.)

Vampiric Blood: (1/1, Increases the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 35% and increases health by 15% for 20 sec.)

Improved Death Strike: Increase crit chance, damage and healing from death strike.

Wild of Necrosis: (3/3, When you have less than 35% health, your damage taken by any attack is reduced by up to 15%.)

Hysteria: Is a good ability for threat building, also for the DPS’s in the raid.

Veteran of the Third War: Increase Strength by 6%, Stamina by 3% and Expertise by 6. It increase parry by a very small amount. And it makes it easier to reach the required expertise needed. + You’ll gain more health.

Of course I'll get the bonus of damage decreasement by going frost, and also bring the haste buff [20%] to the raid. Unbreakable Armor is also a great spell to have, it increase your armor by 25%, and also increase your strength by 20%. As a tank 20% aren't much. It’ll increase my parry by a small amount, which can be useful, but the chance that these 1-2% parry will help is very low, but there’s still a chance. And I’ll also be up for the respeccing into frost tree instead, if it is needed for the guild.

- I’ll explain glyphs here as well fast:

Major Glyphs

Glyph of Rune Strike:

I choosed this glyph, as it's the most important spell for me atm, to keep threat. Everytime I dodge/parry. I'll be available to use Rune Strike, which increase your amount of threat insanely. And as it's more damage, I'm also helping the group killing the ''target''

Glyph of Vampiric Blood:

Vampiric Blood, is 35% more healing taken and 15% more health. In a short period of 15 seconds. With this glyph your increasing your Vampiric Blood with 5 seconds, which can be very useful, as in hard fights 5 seconds is long time. It's a very useful spell, and it's important to have that glyph. Instead of 15 it’ll be 20 seconds.

Glyph of Death Strike:

Death Strike is doing more damage, due to how much runic power I’ve got. It’s increasing the amount of threat gathering, and it’s also DPS.

- Minor Glyphs

Glyph of Horn of Winter:

- I got this minor glyph as I can ''spare some time'' by not refreshing it every 2 minute, but 3 instead. As horn of winter grants agility and strength, which increase your dodge/parry. I find this glyph useful.

Glyph of Raise Dead:

- I've got this one, cause I'm sometimes in troubles missing HP. And I'll be available to sacrifice my own pet, for about 30k health. It's a nice one, which have been useful many times.

Glyph of Pestilence:

- I'm using this on AoE pull. If the group is kinda split. I'll make sure I get both diseases on my targets, it also increase damage, so I find it useful.

- Offspec:

Would atm be frost tanking, for the haste buff, else it'll be blood (armor penetration DK)

- Armory link:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=Fath%C3%B3rn

- Current guild:

Epiphany

- /played:

54 Days, 21 Hours

- Alts:

Mediza (Warlock): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=Mediza

Fnuq (H-Paladin: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=Fnuq

Throl (Ele-Shaman): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=Throl

- Link a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raid:

[Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application Wowscrnshot080310042851

- Raid experience in WoTLK:

WOTLK

Ruby Sanctum 25-Man, 1/1
Ruby Sanctum 10-Man, 1/1
Icecrown Citadel 25-man, 12/12 (10/12HC)
Icecrown Citadel 25-man, 12/12 (11/12HC)
TOTC 25-Man, 5/5
TOTC 10-Man, 5/5 (5/5HC)
Ulduar 25-Man, 12/14 (Cleared on hunter, called Vozid)
Ulduar 10-man, 11/14 (Cleared on hunter, called Vozid) Cleared Algalon on Fathórn.
Naxxramas 25-Man, 15/15 (Cleared on hunter, called Vozid)
Naxxramas 10-man, 15/15 (Cleared on hunter, called Vozid)
Sartharion 25&10-Man, 1/1
Malygos 25&10-man, 1/1

TBC

I mostly likely PvP’d in the TBC Expansion as a priest/lock/rogue/druid, but still did some raids.

The Eye 25-Man, 3/4
Zul’Aman 10-Man, 5/6, not chest event.
Karazhan 10-Man, 11/11, Haven’t cleared the spider-mini boss.

Vanilla (World of Warcraft: Classic)

Molten Core 40-Man, 9/10, Had Ragnaros on low percents.
Ahn’Qiraj 20-Man, 4/6
Zul’Gurub 20-Man, 9/9
Blackwing Lair 40-Man, 3/8

- Guild history:

I had a Job Once (10Man Guild)

Ransom (Short period, due to full on tanks, I left myself, cause I had to stay on standby now trying the luck again)

Divine Insanity (I was leading Divine Insanity. We were honestly a good progression guild I would say. We cleared 12/12 25-man normal after 3 weeks. And we have cleared 6/12 bosses on heroic mode in 25-man. It’s just that we were at the moment seeming to fall apart, after our LK 25-man kill, many of our players quit, did go inactive and stuff like that. So the guild were going kind of dead . I’ve really tried anything, but with the low attendance that our raiders show, I couldn't do so much about it.)

Epiphany (I'm still in Epiphany. Problem is that they are not showing me the right spirit to raid, I know that everyone in this guild are very good. It's just that their in-activity is making me sick. Well, I enjoy to be here, and had some fun runs through ICC of course. It's just that. I don't want to stay in a in-active guild.

- Your rotation/priorities on a boss encounter:

I don't really have a special rotation as tank, but I have priorities.

Icy Touch: After the patches, it grants a high amount of threat in frost presence.
Rune Striike: Is keybinded to all spells, + it increase a high amount of threat.
Plague Strike: Just to get second disease up, for an example for death strike healing, + DMG.
Death Strike: Filling spell, using for healing + DMG and also threat.
Heart Strike: Filling spell, just for damage and threat.
Blood Tap: Reset a rune, important sometimes, example for presence switching on different bosses.
Vampiric Blood: 35% more healing taken + 15% more health for 20-seconds.
Icebound Fortitude: Makes me take 20% less damage + I can’t be stunned/feared or charmed.

- How do you choose your gems/enchants?

I always choose the best in slot enchants + gems. I'm for sure reaching the set-bonus in items, which are granting more than 9 stamina, except if it's 3 gemmed items, then I go for pure stamina instead. For example my hans, I prefer to gain some more avoidance, instead of getting 6 stamina, so basically it's my priorities for enchants and gems.

- How do you contribute to a raid? Both your class and you as a player:

I'm a mature guy, and I'm always likely to speak on ventrilo, and such, if needed. I really put 100% focus into a raid, and will always inform leaders/raid before going afk. I really enjoy to play World of Warcraft, and I really seek for hardcore end-game raiding of Icecrown, at least.

As my class I really think I have it all under control, I' know all abilties, and I really know how to gain a great amount of threat, and how to keep aggro on a big AoE pull. I would say I'm very experienced, if you ask myself.'

- What are your plans for the future (Cataclysm in particular):

I have no ideás yet, so far. I think I'll gather a 5-man group for some core instance leveling. And I really hope I'll be available to reach the end-game raiding in Cataclysm as well. So far my ideá behind Cataclysm is PvE as well, so I don't think I'll change, currently.

- Are you willing to use any other specs in raids? If yes, tell us about your gear and experience with them.

I've got blood (armor penetration gear) it's not 100% complete yet, and I haven't really dps'd as a death knight before. Played tank since I dinged 80.

I've got frost tanking as well, to gain the 20% haste buff, if we can't get it anyhow else.

- Our raid times are wednesday, thursday and sunday 19:00-23:30. Will you have a problem keeping a very high (90%+) attendance?

Without problems, just explaning when I'll be available.

Monday: 16:40-00:30
Tuesday: 16:40-00:30
Wednesday: 16:40-00:30
Thursday: 16:40-00:30
Friday: 16:40-00:30
Saturday: (Most likely the whole day, but still a bit unsure. As I might have some stuff to do, sometimes. Anyhow I’ll be available most Saturdays for sure.)
Sunday: Whole day until 00:30 or so.

I can easily extend the raids to after 00:30, it’s just basically the time where I would love to catch a little hours sleep, before the next day. As I’ve got no work after school or in the weekends, it shouldn’t be a problem. And I have always brought a very high amount of attendance to raids.

- What do you expect from Ransom?

I expect not to be the tank on 'standby' for raids. I really aim to be the one attending to every raid. I really hope that the class leaders / officers are doing their job correctly, and sorting the problems, if there is any. I expect to meet new and mature players, which are aiming for core raiding, as well as myself.

- Why should we consider recruiting you? (Sell yourself... This is an important question):

I really think I could fit into your ranks. And that I have the right spirit as you have for this game and for the progression in the end-gaming content of WOTLK. I’m a very mature guy. And have a lot of knowledge in this game, been playing since the start of Vanilla. 5 years and something right now. I’ve raided in many of the expansions. And also pvp’d on higher ratings, priest-nagrand 2200 rating, 2v2/TBC. And that shows that I know how to step out of fire, and stuff. I’ll have around 100% attendance, and show me from my best side always.
As I’ve led my own guild Divine Insanity, I really think I did a hard job there as well. We were good until our LK 25-man kill, after that, our players did go inactive, which are useless. I’d put much time into this guild. And I hope that it can show you, that I’m really willing to raid on a higher progress niveau.
I’m neither not the guy, which gives up cause of a wipe or two. I’m the one looking forward to the kill, and waiting to hear all the screams on ventrilo, when we down something that we have progressed on for a while. I enjoy to work together as a team, and a team like Ransom would be the perfect team for me, I really think so. I’ would call myself a dedicated player. And of course hope that other players have the same insight and thoughts about my playstyle.

- Anyone you know in Ransom:

Well, I kinda know a lot as I've been playing with some of you, in both pugs and raids. So yeah. I would say so, would take to long to list up names.

- Do you have any other open applications with any other guilds at this time?

No I haven't. Well I had one for sentiment, got declined. I'll explain the reason: They weren't able to make me achieve a 100% active raiding guild, and they really thought I should seek for something higher, instead, and then I was soooooooo arrogant, lol. None ever said that to me before Very Happy

- Previous MMORPGs:

I've played a lot of Diablo, both 1 and 2, + expansions. And the online versions.

- Do you try and keep up to date with current theory on your class?

Yes I do, often I'm reading up the forums for new death knight stuff, and yes. Of course I'm reading up on Cataclysm as well.

- Do you have Ventrilo v3.x?:

Yes, never had any problems connecting it or anything. Working well.

- Do you have a microphone to go along with that?

Oh yeah I have. And I preferable talk, as I find it important as a tank.

I know some of the questions are a bit messed up, compared to the template, but all of the questions is answered, and it was the way I found it most likely possible to put it up.

Your trustworthy, Fathórn!

*When the world gets you down, eat it!*
Back to top Go down
Hlp
Lieutenant

[Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application   [Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Hey There,

First off thanks for the apply! May not be our application form but i will let you get away with it. I'll be brief cause we have spoken quite a bit in game, think you are what we are looking for atm gear experience wise and your application shows your commitment. Whisper an officer or me ingame for an invite.
Accepted

Thanks, Hlp
Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Fathórn DK-Tank Application
Page 1 of 1